Friday, June 12, 2020

Birthday Gift with Power Poppy

Happy Friday, Colorists and Card Makers! The Power Poppy Team is here with another Friday Fun Day! 

I know I have been absent from the blog for WEEKS now! I injured my back and have had a rough time crafting or blogging! I have some things to share, but I just cannot sit at the computer for the time it takes to edit photos and write a blog post! I don't have a laptop, so I cannot blog from the bed or couch. Plus, blogging from the iPad is...well a pain in the you know what!

I am hoping that I will keep improving and be able to post some projects, new craft supply reviews, and so forth very SOON! I am hoping to slip into a new phase of my craft life, and share things with you along the way! (You will notice that I am only posting for Power Poppy now. I have stepped down from all my other design team commitments. I am not sure if this is permanent or temporary...stay tuned!)

Well, all that so say...here is my Power Poppy Fun Friday project!
I stamped this cute image from the Short Stacks clear set. This set is retiring and is on sale for $12.60 right now! I colored the little image with colored pencils (I think I used Arteza brand, but I cannot be sure.)
The image is only 3 1/2" x 3", so it's pretty small compared to the size I normally color. But, it colors up quickly with markers or pencils! I just did a fast job, since I have to color while semi-reclining, with a pillow on my lap! 
I used THIS tutorial for making a cute sticky note and pen holder! One of my BFFs is always making cute little gifts for our little events. I always save the ideas she finds and shares just in case I want to make something. And...ta-da! Cuteness overload!
I used an Authentique 6x6 pad of Party paper to decorate the little holder. (Party is retired, but the new birthday collection, Hooray is available!)
Once this little holder is all put together, it can hold a standard sticky note pad and a pen/pencil. I had purchased a bunch of colorful pads some time ago, and the hot pink one worked great for this project photo shoot! {smile}
The whole thing folds flat for mailing! What a fun little surprise. I think you can also put some chocolates into the little pocket, too! 


FOR MORE INSPIRATION
Please visit the Power Poppy Blog to see all the other projects from the team!

Broni
Gloria - you are here
Lisa





Power Poppy Stamps: Short Stacks (clear)
Cardstock: Hammermill White, WorldWin Midnight
Decorative paper: Authentique Party 6x6 pad
Enamel dots: various
Arteza colored pencils: various
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scor-tape, foam tape

3 comments:

  1. What a fun and different gift. The design papers that you used make it awesome and useful too. Glad that you are feeling better to color more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your insightful blog post about the concept of every good and perfect gift. It's truly inspiring how you've linked this idea to the ultimate source of goodness and perfection, our Creator.
    https://www.frugalishness.com/bob-does-sports-discount-code/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon your delightful blog post about the birthday gift featuring Power Poppy creations, and I must say, your artistic talent is truly inspiring!
    https://promocodehq.com/seatgeek-promo-code-$40-off

    ReplyDelete