Friday, May 08, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! The Authentique Team is sharing lots of Mother's Day inspiration this week! Make sure to check out the Blog! 
I have been creating home decor panels for you for over a year. I love seasonal decor, and enjoy having a new panel sitting on my desk for each new season or holiday! See the full list of panels below!

Today I have created this lovely pink and black panel to share, using the Flawless Collection! Since my mom passed away in 2015 and my mother-in-law does not like handmade items, I will be sitting this beauty on my desk for the month of May! My mother-in-law LOVES getting flowers, so we send her a bouquet for all major holidays. She is 80 years old, so she gets what she wants! {smile}
This 6" x 6" chipboard-wrapped home decor panel is so fun to make! If you would like to see more information, and see a tutorial for making a panel for yourself, check out the original tutorial HERE. The basic concept is the same for every panel, but by changing the size of paper strips and adding different images and sentiments, you get a NEW panel every time!
For this version, I I stayed simple, and just used the lovely paper and some pretty flowers to showcase the ephemera card. 
I used a scallop rectangle die to cut around the edge of the ephemera card for some extra pizzazz. The Flawless Collection comes with a full page of ephemera cards to cut apart, plus a full sheet of cardstock die cuts! 

If you want to make some pretty decor for your desk, here is a list of all the panels in the series. As you can see, there are more panels to come!

Winter - Frosted Collection
Valentine's Day - Love Notes Collection
Spring - Dreamy Collection
St. Patrick's Day - Dublin Collection
Easter - Cottontail Collection
Mother's Day - Flawless Collection
Summer
Father's Day
4th of July
Autumn
Back to School
Halloween - Twilight Collection
Thanksgiving - Gracious Collection (original tutorial)
Christmas - Nostalgia Collection

IMPORTANT INFO: I do have some very sad news to tell you. At the end of this month (May) I will be stepping down from the Authentique team. I will share one last project near the end of the month. I am not sure if this change will be permanent or just temporary. Authentique will be adding some new talent to the team in the coming weeks! Make sure you stop by the Authentique blog and say hello! 

You may have noticed that I explained on a few other posts that I am needing to focus on some home/life things, plus I am feeling the desire to perhaps go in a different direction with my crafting and with my blog content. As of June 1st I will have stepped down from all my teams, with the exception of Power Poppy. Since one of the things I want to focus on is my coloring art, I will still be coloring and posting things to the blog, but it will be a bit different and a bit more spare for a little while. I hope you stay with me through this season!  


Authentique Supplies Used:

Flawless Collection: 12x12 paper

Additional Supplies Used:  

Cardstock: WorldWin Midnight 
Trims: ruffle ribbon, sheer ribbon (from my stash)
Chipboard: Grafix
Paper flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts, Prima
Dies: My Favorite Things stitched scalloped rectangles
Adhesive: Scor-tape, ATG tape, hot glue

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad! I love your work so much! But it must be the right thing for you and that's what's important. I would love to see the inside of this little album! Is that possible? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SORRY! Just read further and realized it was just a panel, not a mini album! Love the idea of decorative panels and after looking at all of your examples and tutorials I will be doing some!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete