Monday, November 02, 2020

Power Poppy Inspire Me Monday (No-line Coloring)

Hello and good morning! I am up on the Power Poppy Blog today with another Inspire Me Monday tutorial! We also just finished up Part 1 of our Quiet Christmas Release. Make sure to visit both the Power Poppy Blog and my blog here for Part 2 of the release starting November 12th!

If you want to see my tutorial on No-line Coloring using BOTH clear stamps and digital images, please visit the Power Poppy Blog for the Inspire Me Monday post! I am not going to re-post the tutorial here because I want you to visit the Power Poppy Blog today! {wink}

However, I will fill you in on some of the products I used to make the cards that resulted from the tutorial. Because, why not?! {grin}

I stamped this cute stocking from the Poinsettia clear stamp set onto white cardstock using Memento London Fog ink. I have to tell you, I adore Christmas stockings! I find them adorable!
I colored this stocking with Copic markers (see the list in the Supplies section below). I added some details with Prismacolor colored pencil, just a few shadows, not much pencil work on this little image. The image is only about 3" tall, perfect for a card.

I used a scallop and stitched die to cut out the panel for the card. I love all my stitched dies! I wish I could justify buying more! I would love to have a few more size options! But, alas, many dies are just way too expensive for me to justify the splurge!
I used some white gouache paint to make the dots on the stocking and on the background. The background is also laid down with Copic markers.

A little note about gouache paint...if you have not heard of it before...it is as if acrylic paint and watercolor paint had a baby! It is opaque like acrylic paint, but dries matte instead of shiny. It also has some properties of watercolor paint, and it can be thinned with water, too. 

I used a stylus dipped in titanium white gouache to add the polka dots onto the stocking and background. Which is why some are larger than others, and why some are misshapen, which could happen on a fabric stocking, right?!
The sentiment is from the Holly Golightly clear stamp set. I stamped the sentiment onto black cardstock with Versamark ink, then heat embossed it with some white embossing powder. I don't think I have touched my embossing powders in AGES! 

I cut the sentiment out with a die (see Supplies below). Be careful that your embossing is cool because if you die cut it when it is still warm, it may lift off the paper! You can see what I mean on the next card!

I made an A2 white card base and added some red cardstock and a panel of red/white snowflake paper (Photoplay Here Comes Santa, from 2018 I think.)

I also made a second card. (Remember, to see the No-line Coloring tutorial, click HERE.)
This time I used a digital image from the Garden Stocking digital stamp set. I printed the stocking in grayscale onto white cardstock. The stocking is printed at about 3 1/2" tall.
I again colored with Copics with a bit of shading work done with Prismacolor pencil. The background is Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I added the background after I colored the image, but while the panel was still inside the stitched die. I like the white border you get by doing it that way.

I use a blender brush to add the ink, building up the color in layers. It is easy to control and keep the ink from landing on my image! 
The soft gray line art gives this stocking image a soft, vintage feel. I created the sentiment tag the same as for the first card above. You can see here that a bit of the embossing powder rubbed off! I was too lazy to redo it, and really only 1 person in 50 will even notice...unless they read about it here on the blog!
I die cut the image with another stitched die and added it to a white A2 card base. I used a panel of Carta Bella Christmas paper. This paper collection is also from a few years ago. Do you see a pattern emerging?! Yes, I have a lot of older paper that I have NEVER opened and used! I promised myself I would not buy any more paper for a while, especially since I have not been paper crafting very much since May!

I hope you had fun here today, and if you want to find out about what Power Poppy has going on...check out the Blog! Don't forget, you can pre-order BOTH Christmas release bundles on SALE now!


Power Poppy stamps: PoinsettiaGarden StockingHolly Golightly
Markers: Copic: BG000, BG0000, E29, E33, E31, E00, E000, R89m, R29, R27, R24, R85, R83, R81, E11, Y38, Y08, C1, C0, C00, YG11, YG01, G20, YG17, YG25, YG03
Colored pencils: Prismacolor Premiere: 90% Warm Grey, 20% Warm Grey, Beige, Sepia, Hot Pink Crimson Lake, Process Red, Promgranate, Apple Green, Black, White, Colorless blender
Fine line pens: Arteza Inkonic (A111, A101)
Gouache paint: Arteza Titanium White
Dies: My Favorite Things Mini Scallop Stax, My Favorite Things Sentiment Strips, Elizabeth Craft Stitched Rectangles
Ink: Memento London Fog, Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Versamark clear
Embossing powder: Hampton Art white
Patterned paper: Photoplay Here Comes Santa, Carta Bella Christmas
Cardstock: Hammermill 110# white, CutCartStock Flavours Gourmet Chili Arbol

No comments:

Post a Comment