Saturday, February 12, 2022

Craft Room Storage and Furniture

Hello, Friends! I have been getting a lot of comments asking about where I purchased the various pieces of furniture and craft storage for my new craft room. (See the craft room post HERE.) I was really reluctant to post any links because of supply chain issues and also because of WILDLY fluctuating prices. However, so many of you want to know what I am using, that I thought I would try to post some links for you. 

First is the storage I use for my 12x12 scrapbook paper. I have had these carts for a long time, but they are still available, however it is harder to get the black version. You can find them on Amazon HERE but be aware as of February 12, 2022 they are twice the price I paid in November 2021! And the price I paid for one cart then, was about $20 more than the "normal" price! You can also find these carts at Walmart, Wayfair, and some of the craft chains.

One thing to note, these carts are technically NOT stackable. I have removed the wheels and my husband attached them to the wall studs to make them stacakable. The storage boxes hold 12x12 paper, including the Graphic 45 12x12 pads.They also hold 12x12 cardstock.
The cube storage unit is from Better Homes and Gardens (25 Cube Organizer) and I purchased mine from Walmart, but it is currently out of stock. I have seen these at Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, and even at places like Office Depot. I had wanted the Ikea version, but they were out of stock everywhere for months. The one I got is about the same quality as Ikea, so i am  happy with it. It has 25 cubes, and it is also attached to the wall studs.
The desks are from Bush Furniture (Key West 54" Computer Desk with Keyboard Tray and Storage). I have three of these in the space, and mine are white, but they come in other finishes. You can see more photos on the original post HERE. I also cover the two working desks with self healing cutting mats to protect the surfaces. 
The standing workstation is the Sauder Craft Pro Series Work Table in the white finish. I ordered it from Amazon HERE, but you can find it other places. The price is all over the map, and is about $100-$150 more than I paid for it in November. 
This piece was a lot of work for my husband to put together, but it is an awesome work table. I am tall, so standing at a regular desk is very hard on my back. The work table is counter height, and you can use a stool to sit at either end.
The "shoe" storage for over the door, which is now glue storage, is a mesh pocket over the door shoe rack. I have THIS one. The rack for my paints is a wall mount spice rack. I have THIS one.
The embellishment drawers are supposed to be for the garage to store hardware such as nuts, bolts, or nails. I have three different sizes and colors, but the middle one is the newest and it is THIS one. My husband hung these on the wall for me, but they can also sit on the desk.

The plastic jars for the buttons are from Amazon, HEREThe storage underneath the embellishment drawers holds inks, and are all different little drawer units that you can by at any big chain store. 

You can just barely see the paper towel rack to the far right. THIS is the one I have.
The closet storage is a mish-mash of totes, drawer units, and bins. You can source all of this at Amazon, Walmart, craft stores, and so on. The two rolling carts are knock-off Ikea that I found at Michael's and purchased with coupons.
Someone asked about the tool bag sitting on the work table. It is an electrician's work bag and I have had it a long time. I don't remember where I got it. I holds a TON of tools! THIS one is similar, but the price is really jacked up from when I got mine. I think I paid under $30 for mine. At the time, the craft totes were very expensive and when I found this bag for cheap, I was so happy. Now, I see the price has gone way up! 

You can see some paper stored on the upper right two cubes of the back unit. I am using THESE magazine racks to hold the paper vertically. I only have a little paper stored this way. This is the paper I reach for 100 times a day! {wink}

I hope I covered everything...A lot of what you see is older items I purchased for my old craft room. I repurposed as much as possible. I tried to do the space for under $2000 so that is more or less what I spent getting set up in the new room. (Probably more, but let's just shush about that!)

Thanks for dropping by! 

5 comments:

  1. Looking good and getting organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Emporium V2! Very clever use of the spice racks and hardware storage, too!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About those scrap book carts, or any plastic drawers - the 15-ish year old Iris brand plastic drawers I have have a release tab inside so you can pop the top and sections apart and recombine them how you want. It might be worth checking out if you ever have to re-work your room. For little drawer sets I couldn't get apart, I used a bit of clear packing tape on the sides and back so they stay in place better.

    You have a wonderful room! Light, airy, room to move about, and so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your space looks GREAT! You still have a LOT of stuff, but very neatly organized. Thank you for taking the time to share with us where you got everything. That takes time in itself.

    ReplyDelete