Friday, September 30, 2022

Halloween Sweets and Smiles

Hello, everyone! It is my turn on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog again! You can head over there to see all the Ribbon Girls' inspiration! 

Back in June, I shared THIS card, where I showed you how to use up your ribbon bits. I decided to do it again with the September Ribbon Club Halloween Assortment!

I have said before that I do not wish to save short lengths of ribbon because I already have so much ribbon, and it can get to be a storage nightmare. I am always looking for ways to use up the "tail end" of a ribbon style. This type of card is perfect for that!
I created a 5" x 6" card from black cardstock. Then, I cut a piece of gray cardstock to slightly smaller than 5" x 6". I used black ink to stamp a Halloween sentiment onto the bottom right of the gray panel. I then added some Scor-tape to the back so that I could wrap short lengths of ribbon around the cardstock panel and secure them. 

I used the following ribbons, from the top: 
5/8" Black Double-Faced Satin (I used this one twice)

Note: The Halloween Candy ribbon is NOT in the current Ribbon Club Halloween Assortment, but it is available in the store! See the link above.

Once all the ribbon was attached, I added more Scor-tape and attached the whole panel to the card front.
I created a bow from the 3/8" Tangerine Satin with Grosgrain Edge ribbon and attached it to the area overlapping the Tangerine Checkerboard Satin ribbon. I did not have enough of the Checkerboard Satin to make a bow, so I improvised! Then, I added lots of flowers (see list of flowers below). I use hot glue to attach all my bows and flowers to my cards. 

I love the orange and purple together! Plus, that little pop of green is just perfect!

Tip: When you cannot find the correct shade of flower, you can always use sprays, inks, paints, or markers to "colorize" your flowers! I keep a stash of white and ivory blooms for just this purpose! 
I finished the card by adding a few matte enamel dots in Halloween colors. This will be a great card to send to someone, accompanied by a few Halloween treats! 
Enamel dots: Doodlebug Designs Matte Sprinkles Halloween Assortment
Stamps: Hero Arts Happy Halloween
Ink: GinaK Designs Amalgam Obsidian
Tools: Score board and bone folder, trimmer, MISTI stamp platform
Adhesive: Art Glitter Glue, hot glue


No comments:

Post a Comment