Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Elizabeth Craft Designs - Everything's Blooming Release!

Hello, friends! I hinted the other day that I had something in the works....well....my friend Annette Green (Annette's Creative Journey) has created a new release for Elizabeth Craft Designs, called the Everything's Blooming Collection from the Everyday Elements line of stamps and dies! And...Annette and Els at Elizabeth Craft Designs have invited me to be part of Annette's design team, working with the new products! I am so excited and happy for Annette, who you all will know is my DT buddy from Graphic 45...that I could not say no to her, so....ta da.....

Els with Elizabeth Craft Designs showed everything in yesterday's Facebook Live on the ECD page at 2 p.m. EST, then Annette will do the FB Live on Wednesday (3/29). If you go to their FB page you can see some sneak peeks! I will be sharing a few projects over the next week or so!

The release contains three stamp sets and ten die sets! Everything is coordinated to work together, plus it can work with any of the other ECD dies and stamps, too! Annette asked me to make some cards, so here is the first one!

My favorite project of the release is this card using the honeybee! If you are familiar with Annette's work, then you know she loves bees! I was so excited to see bees in her new collection! 

For this card I created an A2 card with black cardstock, then I matted some honeycomb paper (Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook) with off white cardstock. I wrapped the panel with some twine before attaching it to the card front.

I used the 2024 Layered Honeybee Dies to cut out the bee from black cardstock and printed paper. This is a big ol' bee, folks! I love that there was no danger of me losing his legs or antennae! 

On a side note...y'all know I have worked for several die cut companies over the years. Those experiences taught me that I do NOT wish to work with dies that give me a hassle. I am new to ECD products, having just some rectangle and square dies in my stash, so I was a bit worried when I saw how intricate the dies were. Well...these dies cut like butter and the paper pops right out! I had to do almost zero weeding to get the bits out of the dies! What a relief! I actually "whoo hoooed" a little! {giggle}   

Using my rusty paper piecing skills, I put Mr. Bee together. There are lots of fun dies in the set, and I did not use them all. I got a pretty bee without using everything! There are even some little flower dies included! Annette thought of everything!
The die set comes with a honeycomb die, too! I cut it from some craft cardstock, then lightly inked it with Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide. 
I die cut a large doily from the 2014 Large Doilies Die set, from off-white cardsotck. I smudged a bit of Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edges. I glued a bit of cheese cloth to the card front, then placed the doily over the top. 

I then added the honeycomb die cut to the card. I ended up cutting several of the honeycomb pieces and layering them together to have a larger section of honeycomb. I snipped out a few areas with my fussy cut scissors to give it a unique look.

I used some foam tape to attach the bee. I also added "hello" which was die cut from black cardstock using the 2020 Everyday Words Die set. The set comes with word dies and shadow dies. (I did not use the shadow.) 

This collection is a VERY COMPLETE collection with enough stamps and dies to create a multitude of projects! 

I placed a twine bow and some enamel dots onto the card front as well. I thought the enamel dots looked like drips of honey!

For all my stamping friends, there is a honeybee stamp set too (CS300 Honeybee, 9 stamps)!

For the inside of the card, I stamped two of the images from the stamp set onto the inside of the card using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and off-white cardstock. I always use a stamp platform when I stamp just in case I need to stamp twice to get a good impression. 

I sponged some Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edges of the cardstock for that vintage look. There is still plenty of space to write a message. 

I hope you check out Elizabeth Craft Designs' and Annette's socials to see more of this collection! You will not believe what the ECD team and Annette herself has done with these amazing stamps and dies! (Annette's YouTube is HERE.)

Note: I do not currently have links to the new products, but as soon as I do, I will come back and edit so you can grab some goodies! I have been told that stores which carry ECD products were shipping as of today (3/28). There are lots of stores carrying (or going to be carrying) these products. I just found them for you on Scrapbook.com, but shop where you like to shop for Elizabeth Craft Designs products the most! 



Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
CS300 Honeybee Stamp Set
2019 Large Doilies Die Set
2020 Everyday Words Die Set
2024 Layered Honeybee Die Set
Clear Double Sided Adhesive (1/4")

Other Products
Cardstock: CTI Paper ColorMates Black, Natural; Neenah Desert Storm 
Printed paper: Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook
Ink: Ranger Distress Antique  Linen, Brushed Corduroy; Ranger Oxide Curved Pumpkin
Enamel dots: Fancy Pants Bloom and Grow; Fiskars Zingz
Twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon Natural Burlap String
Cheesecloth: fabric supply
Tools: Bow-It-All, trimmer, Big Shot Plus, MISTI
Adhesive: ATG, foam dots

1 comment:

  1. wow that bee is gorgeous cut from those papers, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete