Saturday, April 08, 2023

Stitching Saturday - August Sampler

I created another stitching project! (To see the June sampler, click HERE and to see July's sampler click HERE.) I am having so much fin making these samplers, then finishing them with coordinating easels and ribbon toppers!

The finished stitching is 8 3/4" x 3 3/4", and the full project is 10 1/4" x 4 3/4". I used 16 count Natural Rustico Aida cloth (it looks like sand) and DMC floss. The pattern is Sampler of the Month - August by Country Cottage Needleworks. I purchased all 12 months from Fat Quarter Shop online HERE. You can also purchase each individual month at Fat Quarter or at various shops on Etsy.
I used all the called for floss, but I did change the placement of some of the colors. For example, the word "August" was to be white, but it just did not stand out enough, so I used the orange color instead.  
All twelve samplers call for the same fabric, but I decided to change up the fabric to match the mood of each piece or to match my home décor. 
I used Lawn Fawn plaid and Authentique gingham papers to cover the chipboard easel. I did not write down the collection of the Lawn Fawn but think it might be Perfectly Plaid. The Authentique gingham is from their Spectrum line. I found a huge stash of it when I was reorganizing my paper stash! 

Note: I see all the internet ladies finishing their stitching with fabric covered chipboard, but...I have paper, not fabric! So...I am using what I have! 

I do put a little cotton batting between the stitching and the chipboard, to give it some dimension. Oddly, I do have some of that in my stash! (It is off because I do NOT sew!)
The ribbons I used are from Really Reasonable Ribbon, of course! I made a wide bow from 5/8" Mineral Ice Taffeta and attached it to the top of the panel.  I then created a fluffy, loopy bow from 5/8" Organza Ombre in an orange to yellow ombre. As always, I used the Bow-It-All tool to make all my bows!

I topped off my bow with a turtle charm that I found swimming around in my stash! {giggle}

Here is what the back looks like. I am drooling over that plaid paper! I cannot believe how much paper that I forgot I had, that is sitting around unused! Well....no longer! 
I am looking forward to decorating my little hallway niche with these stitching projects along with my tiered tray! I started with the later samplers so that I would be able to finish the samplers in plenty of time as each month arrives. Since I began with June, that will be the first month's sampler I get to use for decoration! 
Here is a sneaky peek of the September sampler, which I will share next month, for May's Stitching Saturday!  

Thanks for joining me today! I am praying a blessed Easter on each and every one of you! May the Peace of the Lord be with you and the Joy that passes all understanding bless you!



Cross stitch pattern: Country Cottage Needleworks (Sampler of the Month - August)
Fabric: Wichelt Imports 16 count Aida Natural Rustico, cotton batting from Amazon
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon 5/8" Mineral Ice Taffeta, 5/8" Organza Ombre orange to yellow
Floss: DMC white, 3031, 869, 3363, 3825, 605, 598
Chipboard: Grafix White
Cardstock: Neenah white
Printed paper: Authentique Spectrum, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid
Charm: from my stash
Adhesive: Hot glue, Art Glitter Dries Clear Glue, Scor-tape, ATG
Tools: Zutter Bow-it-Allpaper trimmer, hot glue gun, scissors, bone folder and score board

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, such lovely stitching and I love your bow to top it off!

    ReplyDelete