Monday, June 26, 2023

Daily Happiness - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Hello, friends! I am here with another project using the Annette Green/Elizabeth Craft Designs Everything's Blooming Collection from the Everyday Elements line of stamps and dies

I had been creating some planner pages with this collection, but decided to take a break from those and make a card. This card is pretty simple, but when you work with die cuts, especially layering die cuts, it makes the process a bit longer. All that cranking and cutting. {smile}

I try to die cut all my pieces at the same time, including cutting more than I think I will need, just in case! I hate to stop the process to go back and cut more pieces!

I die cut one of the doilies from the Large Doilies die set out of off-white cardstock, which I then inked up with some various brown distress inks. I die cut the bird pieces using the Layered Birds die set and one of the flowers from the Stemmed Flowers die set

I cut the bird and the flowers twice, once from printed paper and once from ECD Soft Finish Cardstock. I used some distress inks to color the white cardstock pieces. I also cut some of the bird pieces from black cardstock (the eye, feet, and beak).  

I stamped a sentiment from the Happy stamp set with black ink onto a paper scrap.

I created an A2 card from black cardstock and lined the inside with off-white cardstock, as is my usual process. Then I cut a piece of kraft cardstock to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and attached it to the card front. Next, I trimmed the printed paper (Prima Stationer's Desk) to 4" x 5 1/4" and attached it to the card front. 

Note: I sponged distress ink onto all my paper edges.

I trimmed the die cut doily and attached it to the left side of the card. I then trimmed the collage text paper to 1 1/2" x 5 1/4" and added it over the top of the doily. I love layers!

I added the two stemmed flowers, off-set a bit to look sort of like a shadow or...two flowers. I used foam squares to pop up the little bird. I love how he looks all cut from printed paper. The paper pattern was so wonderful.

The popped up bird adds even more dimension to the card. And the colors are so vintage! I have had this paper in my stash for ages! It is from 2014, and I had only used a small bit of it!
I trimmed the sentiment and then used some postage edge scissors to trim both ends to give it a fun look. I used some foam squares to pop up the middle of the strip, but glued the ends flat. This gives the sentiment a curved look on the card. 
I really enjoy this muted and grungy color palette. I have been working on some very brightly colored projects lately, and getting into this more muted color scheme is so relaxing for me! 

I have all the pieces cut out to make a companion card to this one, but you may have to wait until next month! {wink}

Thanks for joining me today! To see more samples with Annette's wonderful new collection head over to the ECD Blog, and other social media!. To see the full Everyday Elements Collection, click HERE.



Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
Soft Finish Cardstock (25 Pack - 240G/90LB - 8.5” x 11” | 21.6cm x 28cm)

Other Products
Cardstock: ColorMates Natural, Black; Neenah Desert Storm
Printed paper: Prima Marketing Stationer's Desk (2014 release)

Ink: Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Old Paper, Walnut Stain, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Bundled Sage; Memento Tuxedo Black
Deco scissors: Fiskars mini postage
White pen: Gelly Roll 08
Tools: Big Shot Plus, Sponge daubers, trimmer, bone folder
Adhesive: ATG, foam squares, Art Glitter Glue


No comments:

Post a Comment