Thursday, June 15, 2023

Special Memory Planner Pages - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Hello, paper craft lovers! My mini book muscles are rusty! I took me far longer than anticipated to finish this little project! Thankfully, I am having fun getting back into the mini album/planner page part of paper crafting! 

I want to share another Elizabeth Craft Designs project with you. I created two more planner pages using the Everyday Elements - Everything's Blooming Collection and the Planner Essentials Collection. I am going to use this planner to document a trip I plan to take with my daughter in September.

I started by using the page die from the Planner Essentials 56 - Tickets and Tabs die set to cut a page from black cardstock and a second page out of printed paper. I created two of these page sets, a left side and a right side. The paper I am using is a retired collection from Heartfelt Creations called Celebrate the Journey.

I glued the die cut printed paper to the black cardstock page and sponged the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I am not too worried about making the planner too "thick" as I will probably convert it into a bound mini album when I finish it. Right now, it lives in the planner to keep the pages safe while I spend time working on it! 

I cut some hole reinforces from black cardstock using the Reinforcement Variety Pack. There are several hole reinforcement collections, but this one has the style that speaks to me the most. I think I will use it for this entire project. 

The planner I am using is the A5 Slim Planner in Vintage Black. This style of planner is 9" x 6 1/4" and the pages are approximately 8 1/4" x 4 3/4". This is fairly close to the size of some of the mini books I make, which makes the style and sizing very comfortable to work with.

Note: You can see on the right-hand page that I did NOT put a hole reinforcer onto the second hole from the top. Since the honeycomb encircles the hole, I decided to skip place a reinforcer there. 
I trimmer a piece of off-white cardstock to roughly 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" and then used the lines stamp from the Bloom stamp set to stamp lines onto the cardstock with black ink. I stamped the image twice to create a long note page. I then trimmed the cardstock panel slightly to make the lines look centered. I matted the note page with black cardstock and placed it slightly left of center on the base page.

Next, I used the Postage Stamps die set to cut out several layers in order to make two different sized photo mats. I love this die set for making photo mats! I really hope that Annette creates more dies that can be used in this manner! Since I often make mini books and pages without adding photos right away, I love having a way to SHOW where the photos will go! This is especially important if I am making a "blank" book to give as a gift.  
Unfortunately, I was off a bit with my line stamping, so I created a center panel using the "notes" phrase die from the Everyday Words die set and some of the left over hole reinforcers to cover up my mistake.  

Note: I sponged all my paper edges with Frayed Burlap Distress ink.

I used the Stemmed Flowers die set to cut a sprig from the printed paper to use as a page accent. I also used the honeycomb die from the Layered Honeybee die set to make page corners cut from the printed paper. 
The second base page is identical to the first. I wanted to use matching paper for the base pages since these are facing pages. To make them seem like one cohesive double-page spread, I used the same elements for both pages.

To add a fun layer to this page, I cut one of the "torn paper" shapes from the Planner Essentials 21 - Note Pieces die set using the printed paper. I attached the piece to the top of the base page. 

Next I added a honeycomb die cut shape cut with the Layered Honeybee die set out of black cardstock. I layered that with a title that I created by stamping the "Special Memory" stamp from the Happy stamp set onto off-white paper. I sponged the edges with ink to make it pop off the background paper a bit.
I wanted to use a technique that I saw Annette share on her YouTube, which is to use the text stamp from the Happy stamp set to stamp onto the die cut stems from the Stemmed Flowers die set. I used the GinaK obsidian ink again, as it gives a crisp image. 
Some of my printed paper has a text background already, but some of it does not. So...I just added it myself! It works perfectly! I tucked one of the branches on the left edge of the page.

I used the  Postage Stamps die set again to cut out several layers in order to make two more different sized photo mats.
I tucked more of the stemmed flowers under the right side of the large photo mat. I really love the subtle look of the stamping on the dusty pink paper!

Note: The ticket is cut from the paper collection and is NOT a stamp or die.
Now my double- page spread is finished! I just need to add my photos and journaling.
I had originally planned to make this into a yearly planner, but changed my mind after I finished my title page. I now think I will use the planner to document the British Isles Cruise that I am taking with my daughter in September! (See the post for the title page HERE.)

Thanks for joining me today! All the links to the products are below. (I still don't have any affiliate links set up, so shop how you wish.)  



ECD Supplies Used:
Everyday Elements Collection
Postage Stamps die set
Stemmed Flowers die set
Everyday Words die set
Layered Honeybee die set
Happy stamp set
Bloom stamp set
 

Planner Essentials Collection
A5 Slim Planner - Vintage Black
Planner Essentials 56 - Tickets and Tabs die set
Reinforcement Variety Pack die set
Planner Essentials 21 - Note Pieces die set

Other Supplies Used:
Cardstock: ColorMates Smooth Black, Natural
Printed paper: Heartfelt Creations Celebrate the Journe (retired)
Ink: Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap, GinaK Designs Amalgam Obsidian
Adhesive: ATG, Art Glitter Glue
Tools: Sizzix Big Shot Plus, MISTI, trimmer, craft knife, ruler

1 comment: