Friday, August 25, 2023

Elizabeth Craft Designs Splendid Season Release!

Hello, friends! My lovely friend Annette Green (Annette's Creative Journey) has created another new release for Elizabeth Craft Designs, called Splendid Season from the Everyday Elements line of stamps and dies! (Find the new release at your favorite scrapbooking shop, or wait a few weeks and the product will be available in the ECD shop!)

Annette showed everything on Facebook Live on the ECD page (or see it HERE on their YouTube Channel) on August 21st. The ECD Team will be sharing their projects now that the release has been revealed! I will be sharing a few projects over the next few months.

The release contains three stamp sets and six die sets. Everything is coordinated to work together, plus the full release can work with any of the other ECD dies and stamps, too!

Full disclosure here...I am leaving next week for a 16-day vacation so I am only sharing some Christmas planner pages today. I will be working with the rest of the collection after I get back, and at that time I will be sharing some fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving projects.

I often create a December Daily or a Christmas mini album, and this year I decided I would create it as a planner album, combining the ECD Planner Essentials products with Annette's two releases. 

Note: The planner I am using is NOT an Elizabeth Craft Designs product. I only have the regular size planner from ECD, but I wanted to make my Christmas mini using the Sidekick size. I fortunately had a cheap knockoff in my craft hoard, and the rings are in the exact same spot as the Sidekick page dies! 

I recently purchased the Graphic 45 Letters to Santa Collection, which I paired with the G45 St. Nicholas collection for my pages. I think I will use these two collections, plus a few other things for the entire planner mini. 

I also recently purchased the ECD Sidekick Essentials 25 - December Day by Day die set, which was used in Annette's December workshop last year. Everything in the NEW release coordinates perfectly with the older product! 

I used the page die from the December Day by Day for all my page bases. For the cover page, I also used the page inset die to cut the Santa paper for my main page. I also added the Reinforcement Variety Pack to die cut the hole reinforcements.

For the page title, I first stamped then die cut the labels from Soft Finish Cardstock, using the Layered Labels Stamps and the Layered Labels Dies. I then die cut the letters for "MERRY" from red cardstock using the die from the Joy and Merry stamp set. I arranged the letters onto the labels. Next I stamped the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the All Occasion Sentiments stamp set onto a scrap of white cardstock with red ink. I trimmed the sentiment to just have the "Christmas" part, which I matted with red cardstock.
To frame my Santa journaling card, I cut a mat using the Postage Stamp die set. The numbers are from the Sidekick Essentials 25 - December Day by Day die set. I created the holly element by die cutting the holly leaves and branches from the Joy and Merry die set out of printed and solid papers and layering them. I created "branches" by die cutting one of the divider elements from the Layered Labels die set out of gold cardstock, then trimming it in half. I also added the snowflake element and a red circle that was left over after die cutting the main page. (Waste not!) 
I love getting my Christmas on! Especially when the temperatures are in the low 100's! I am super excited to keep working on this mini as we lead up to the Christmas season. I have created the cover page, then pages one, two, and three so far!
I again used the page die from the Sidekick Essentials 25 - December Day by Day for my page base. I didn't care for the reverse of the cover page, so I die cut the page again and glued them together, wrong sides facing. Plus I used the circle die from the Reinforcement Variety Pack to die cut the hole reinforcements. 

The Postage Stamp die set makes a wonderful photo mat cut from gold cardstock. The Layered Labels Stamps and the Layered Labels Dies make the perfect journaling spot.

The number "1" for page 1 of the December Daily is cut using the number dies in the Sidekick Essentials 25 - December Day by Day die set. This die set is really a MUST companion to the new Christmas sets in the new Splendid Season release!

Tip: I die cut several of each number and stack them together to give them more dimension on the page.
To create the greenery I used the large fern die from the Mushrooms and Ferns die set. The fern can be cut apart and layered to look just like pine branches!  I created "branches" buy die cutting the divider element from the Layered Labels die set and one of the flourishes from the Fancy Flourishes die set out of gold cardstock.

I added the "Joy" die cut from the Joy and Merry die set, which I cut from red cardstock. I added some of the berries and also some leftover gold circles. 

Note: I always save the little "cast offs" from when I die cut things. I place them in a small container on my desktop - thinks like the hole centers. That way I can scrounge around in there for odds and ends while I am working.
For page 2, I once again cut a base page from the printed paper. I also used the Slimline Adventure Edges to die cut a snow bank from Soft Finish Cardstock. I used the Festive Season stamp set to stamp the music notes in red ink along the bottom of my snow. I then die cut the deer from gold cardstock using the Joy and Merry die set.

Once again, the  Postage Stamp die set makes for a great photo mat and a spot for my page number. I also stamped the postage cancelation in red ink onto the photo mat. The Festive Season stamp set has so many lovely stamps for the season! I also die cut a music note from red cardstock to add to the top edge of the photo mat.
For the page title, I wanted to make sure to add some gold, so I die cut the words from gold cardstock using "Christmas" from the Joy and Merry die set and "wishes" from the Everyday Words 2 die set. I love that Annette has made these sets useful in so many ways! 

I die cut the words several times and glued them together to make them pop up off the page a little. (I confess, cut those words from a number of colors and I am still not 100% happy with how the gold looks. But...at some point you have to stop fussing!)
For page 3, I once again cut a base page from the printed paper and glued it to the back of page 2. I know some folks worry about their planner getting too thick, but I don't mind that. I will probably bind it somehow in the end rather than keeping it in the planner.

I used tiny gold hole reinforcers cut with the Reinforcement Variety Pack. I was trying to create a sort of polaroid photo looking photo mat, but think I was less than successful. But I like how the "Merry" inset looks, and I like the Layered Labels journaling spot! Keeping my papers to the red, gold, ivory, green palette will help this mini to look cohesive.
I hope you check out Elizabeth Craft Designs' and Annette's socials to see more of this collection! You will not believe what the ECD team and Annette herself has done with these amazing stamps and dies! (Annette's YouTube is HERE.)

Note: All the product links today are for Everything Mixed Media online store, which has a physical location in Florida. I have never shopped with them, so you are on your own there. Feel free to source product at your favorite stores. There are sure to be lots of stores carrying (or going to be carrying) these products. Shop where you like to shop for Elizabeth Craft Designs products the most! 



Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
Splendid Season Release

Everything's Blooming Release
Fancy Flourishes

Planner Essentials

Joset Van De Burgt

Other Products
Cardstock: ColorMates Natural; Elan Metallics Cover Antique Gold
Printed paper: Graphic 45 St. Nicholas, Letters to Santa
Patterns and Solids: Graphic 45 St. Nicholas
Ink: Ranger Distress Old Paper, Close to My Heart Cranberry
Tools: trimmer, Big Shot Plus, MISTI
Adhesive: ATG, foam squares, Art Glitter Glue, foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous post today and beautiful, gorgeous pages Gloria! You really showcased the release so perfectly. Enjoy your time off and rest and relax. Thank you for your talents!

    ReplyDelete