Monday, August 21, 2023

A+ Student

Hello, everyone! I am sharing a Really Reasonable Ribbon post today. Some of you have already sent your kids off to school by now. I know that most schools in my area have already started back as well. My future daughter-in-law and her younger sister, as well as my nephew have already started their college classes, too! I don't have little ones in school any more, but from time to time I do need a school-themed card for a special "youngling" in my life, so I made on to share with you today.

This is a simple card, which makes it easy if you have to make a whole stack of them. The card base is 4 1/2" x 6" which is my new go to size. Envelopes size A6 (4 3/4" x 6 1/2") are a pretty good fit. This card can also be resized to A2 very easily. 

I used the adorable school papers from Authentique (Scholastic and Studious). I cannot fuss enough about how sad I am that they have stopped making paper! I am so thankful that they were so generous with the team, which allowed me to amass a nice hoard! 

I used two prints and then a cut-apart card for the focal image. I used foam tape to pop the image off the card front. The Studious collection also came with stickers, so I used a few of those, too.

I did a very simple ribbon treatment for this card, which keeps it from being too fussy, and also keeps it pretty flat for mailing. I wrapped a length of the 5/8" Smoke Blue Taffeta ribbon around the card where the two printed papers join. Then I tied a small double bow with another piece of the ribbon and hot glued it in place. This ribbon photographs much brighter than it is in person. I really is a soft, smoky blue in person. 
I added a few navy blue enamel dots to the bottom left edge of the card for some extra shine. This simple design can be used for any theme or card size. 

I am hoping to use up a lot of my 6x6 pads this winter making a lot of simple cards like this one. I have an idea in mind for them...praying it will come to fruition! 
As always, I lined the inside of the card with white cardstock to give a place to stamp or write a message. A gift card holder could also be added to the inside. 

Thanks for joining me today! I am taking next month off, but I will be back in time for the Ribbon Hop on October 13th.




Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:
Other Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: ColorMates Smooth Flag Blue, Neenah White
Printed paper: Authentique Scholastic, Studious
Stickers: Authentique Studious
Enamel dots: Eyelet Outlet
Tools: corner rounder
Adhesive: hot glue, foam tape, foam squares, 

1 comment:

  1. love the vintage image, great back to school card!

    ReplyDelete