Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Triple B Challenge - April 2024

Hello! Some fun news this morning! I am going to be joining Darlene and Diane for the Triple B Challenge each month! Triple B is a card challenge that is all about Birds, Butterflies, and Blooms! Plus, each month there is an Inspiration Board to help you get your creative juices flowing! 

Darlene asked me to join them in creating an inspiration card each month, just for fun. I have pretty much retired from the design team world, at least for now, but I like to have a little something to give me some incentive to make cards for my stash. The odd guest spot or little challenge like this is perfect for my life as it is currently. So, huge thanks to Darlene and Diane for inviting me!

Here is your inspiration board for April. Isn't this beautiful?!! I had so many ideas for this challenge! I have a container of paper labeled "Birds, Bugs, Fish." I pulled that out and picked through it for some inspiration for my card.

Once I decided on my papers, I sketched out a card idea, then selected the elements I wanted to use from my stash of embellishments. It is often hard for me to narrow things down because I just have so much stuff! Trying to use up this stash is a monumental task! But I am trying! {smile}
This is the card that I ended up with. I aimed for the soft colors of the inspiration board, trying to focus on the pale pinks and grays. I totally wanted to go vintage with my card, but I actually chose a more trendy paper pack! This paper is from the Authentique Dreamy collection. The soft colors in some of the papers, plus that lovely butterfly paper, just sold me! 
The card is 5" x 6" and made from off white cardstock with gray accent cardstock to make the printed papers pop. This size card fits into an A6 envelope, in case you are wondering. However, with this much embellishment, I would mail this in a padded envelope, a little box, or something to protect the flowers. 

The sentiment if from the My Favorite Things Rainbow Greetings set. I have had this set for a while and don't think I have ever used it until today. Well, maybe I used it once before. Shocking, I know! {giggle}

I added some of the butterfly paper and another sentiment to the inside of the card. I really like stamping in the gray ink! However, my ink pad was really dry...time to order an ink refill. Hopefully it is still available! That is the problem with an old stash...things get discontinued or the company goes out of business! If anyone has a recommendation for a great gray stamping ink, let me know in the comments! 
I added a bit of lace to the card, then assembled a big flower cluster. These are all pre-made flowers from my stash. I like making my own flowers, but sometimes it just takes so much extra time! I did die cut the leaves from some random green cardstock, so that is a plus. 

Note on the lace: Really Reasonable Ribbon is down to just a few styles of lace and has no plans to restock. If you are looking for lace, you will need to check your local stores, thrift stores, or scour online shops. Lace in card making is not popular right now, so sourcing it can be a challenge. I have a nice stash, but it makes me sad to run out! This style I am sharing today is the LAST of it in my hoard! 


Thanks for joining me for my FIRST Triple B Challenge! 

Remember you do NOT have to follow the board as it is just for inspiration, BUT YOU DO have to use 1, 2 or 3 of the B's ... Birds, Butterflies, and/or Blooms.

Now it's YOUR turn, so pull out those stamps, dies, stencils, or whatever other goodies you have in your stash and have some fun with us.

We won't always have a prize but periodically we will, you just never know! To link up your challenge project, click on THIS link to take you to the Triple B Blog
 
Challenge ends: 8 PM April 30th     
Winners announced: May 2nd.

You can read all the rules in the rules tab on the Triple B  Blog.





Cardstock: CutCardStock Flafours Gourmet Smoked Sea Salt, ColorMates Natural
Printed paper: Authentique Dreamy
Stamps: My Favorite Things Rainbow Greetings
Ink: Memento London Fog; Close to My Heart Heather, Pink Carnation; Stampin' Up Mellow Moss
Flowers: Petaloo Penny Lane Antique Rose; Prima (gray roses); Large flower with wood center unknown, Really Reasonable Ribbon Ivory Rose Buds, Two-Tone Baby Pink and Ivory Sweetheart Blossoms
Lace: Really Reasonable Ribbon Crochet Lace (style I used is out of stock) 
Dies: Cheery Lynn Flourish Leaf, Heartfelt Creations Ornamental Tags
Adhesive: Hot glue, Art Glitter Glue, Scor-tape, ATG
Tools: ink daubers, trimmer, score board, MISTI stamp platform



4 comments:

  1. First I want to thank you for being a part of our small team at Triple B, we look forward to all your beautiful creations in the coming year. Speaking of beautiful creations your card is gorgeous and spot on for the inspiration board, gorgeous flowers, gorgeous papers, gorgeous design!! It is a thrill to have you, welcome aboard!!
    Diane TB Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am happy to be able to be part of the inspiration on your blog adventure!

      Delete
  2. OMG ... this is STUNNING Gloria! LOVE all the muted elements you've used and your overall design is FABULOUS! Thanks again for joining Diane & I in creating samples to help inspire our followers ... you are off and running! Well done! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me as part of the team!

      Delete