Friday, June 19, 2009

365 Cards - Be Bold

Tomorrow is the last day for Cosmo Cricket Week at 365 Cards! I hope you've played along this week with me, and the rest of the DT. We all loved our Cosmo paper packs! Today the paper line being showcased is Snorkel. I happened to have some of that in my stash, left over from an Apron Strings Designs kit. The challenge for today is to make a card using stripes and bold colors. Well, this sure fits the bill!

I also used purple Bazzill for the card! Purple is NOT a color I enjoy using, normally, but I had a half sheet left over from the grapes challenge a few weeks ago and it matched perfectly. I cut out the "life saver" sentiment from the Snorkel cardstock strip. I am so thankful for my Fiskars micro tip scissors!

The smiling sun is an embossed cardstock element that I cut from a sheet of We R Memory Keepers paper. This paper is OLD, people. I'd guess 8-9 yeas old! But look how he matches!

The little thank you stamp is a Close to My Heart mini.

I started out trying to use a sketch that Apron Strings Designs had on their blog for June 12th. It's a great Pagemaps layout sketch, but since I was trying to make a card with it, not a scrapbook page, my finished product does not really look at all like the sketch. Well, that happens sometimes!

13 comments:

  1. What a super happy card! I love it!!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sun image, you can't help but smile!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:09 PM

    what a fun!!!card!!! it is so cheery and great, i love all the elements you put together, just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card!! And I just got that paper in yesterday, so maybe I'll use it too!

    As for the riot, it obviously didn't work....but I will try again!!

    YOU CAN'T SCARE ME AWAY!!!

    LOL hee hee hee

    And you might want to save some of that purple paper - you MIGHT need it for UPCOMING challenges...Dalis doesn't like purple either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute! love that sun... sometimes oldies really are goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. was it the Partridge Family that sang come on and get happy? Well, your card has me singing that just about now...love the addition of the purple and the happy, happy sun. very fun card for the stripey challenge! And now a happy weekend to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, love the papers and your sun.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria, such a fun card and I love the Sun element you added.
    Don't you just love the Cosmo Cricket papers. I am going to be sad to see this week over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Gloria, this couldn't get any cuter!!! Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloria I love it! Such a bright and happy card. Purple is a very spiritual colour actually. I love it to bits. Glad that you could bring yourself to use it again lol
    Hugs
    Michelle M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv the bright colours on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang I love the Snorkel line! I also love the WRMK embossed sheets -- they were great embellishments, but could be a pain to cut out. It's totally cute on the card. I can see the sketch in the card. :)

    ReplyDelete