Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Christian Paper Crafts Sketch Tuesday #38

If you feel that you are being "blogged to death" this week, you are right. I feel bad for those of you who get an email telling you "Gloria posted again"! But, it's the first of the month and lot of my DT stuff is hitting all at once. I'm juggling, trying to keep all the posts in the air. So far, so good! But it's a lot of posts, so thanks for stopping by...again!

Here is the Sketch Tuesday (#38) for Christian Paper Crafts. This is a hard one. What was I thinking?

I made a 5x5 card again this week, using Bazzill cardstock, of course! The yummy paper is October Afternoon. This paper was in one of the recent kits for Apron Strings Designs, and I loved it so much that I had to ask Lori for an extra set! I've been (ahem) hoarding it and using it in bits and babs. I love it and am afraid of using it up! It's so hard to get more of my favorite papers. The designs change over so quickly that last month's NEW paper is gone from the stores before you can blink. (Then in the next breath, we say, "that store never has anything new"! No pleasing some people.)

The sentiment is an October Afternoon cardstock sticker that I cut into strips.

This house stamp is BRAND NEW from Unity. It is in the Unity Ippity Devoted set. I love this set and so affordable! I purchased mine from Cindy. She has super fast shipping and the stamps are FAB-YOU-LUS! I so want to save my pennies for more sets. I'd also love to have the Unity KOM. But I may need a paying gig before I can justify that!

I colored the house with colored pencils, blended with mineral spirits. The EK Success pencils work pretty well with the minerals spirits. Some folks have been trying to talk me into Copics, but I just cannot justify the cost. Besides, I still have very little talent for coloring and shading and I am sure pricey pens won't fix that problem! Besides, everyone needs to see that you can make nice cards without having all the fancy tools and mega talent. I am here to provide inspiration, not to win a coloring award. (But I still have coloring envy!)

I hope you have been enjoying my Sketch Tuesday offerings. I hope you come and play along at CPC. I also host the QOTD and WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY chats, so stop by and chat with us!

3 comments:

  1. well i would hoard this paper also!! love the house and that sentiment :) will work on my card today ;)*i am in the same boat as you with the coloring....that is why i paper piece lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that paper. i haven't stopped by over the holidays, so i scrolled through to see what i've missed. great work. you always inspire me. must go make a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, Gloria! You should see my post today!! It's a novel! lol, Im "almost" embarassed but there was so much I wanted to get in today. Love your sketch I've played and posted at CPC!!

    ReplyDelete