Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Lifetime Story Challenge #8

The My Lifetime Story Challenge #8 is all about scrapping your childhood home or homes. Technically, this should have been easy for me since I lived in the same place from birth until I left home at age 18. I found four photos of the house I grew up in, in all four seasons. But the page did not come together very well. But, someone wise once said, "finished is better than perfect." So...I stopped obsessing over the layout!

I used some Pennsylvania stickers that I found in my stash and the seasons rub-ons are also pretty old, but they still worked ok. I used my new Copics to color the buttons. Super cool. I made them look sort of like old wooden buttons. That is a little nod to my Dad's woodworking hobby. My Dad built this house in 1950 and my mom still lives there. Dad died in 1997. In the late 1970s my dad put new siding on the house...all alone! He was quite a Jack of all trades.

I hope this inspires you to create a page about you childhood home.

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! I don't have any pix of my childhood home. Great Layout! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW how awesome that he built the house and they never moved! fantastic page girl :)
    it would take at least 10 pages to hold all the houses i lived in before the age of 18!! so i am always in aw when someone stays in the same place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Wonderful layout! Just wanted to say hi :) I was thinking about you. I hope and pray that you and your family are well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete