Thursday, January 06, 2011

CropStop Challenge #1

Hey all you peeps! Today is the day! CropStop is unveiling it's NEW Challenge Blog! We know how popular challenge blogs are these days, so we thought we'd jump on the bandwagon! The team worked hard during the holidays to get the new blog ready. It's got a brand new look and we'll be having brand new challenges every week!! Plus there are fabbie prizes to be won and a cool Cream of the Crop blinkie for the top players teach week! We are also looking for "a few good crafters" to join our team. Read all about it on the CropStop Blog.

Now for the fun part...the first challenge! It's a SKETCH! The first Thursday of each month the challenge will be a sketch designed by...ME! Y'all know how much I love a sketch! The other weeks of each month will be other types of challenges. And I've seen the ones for the next few weeks and they are going to be a blast!

I've designed the sketches so that they will work for card makers and scrapbookers! I hope that when the new team is in place for February that we'll have some scrapbook pages to share. For January the Creative Team all made cards, but you can make anything you like...as long as you follow the sketch.

Here is my card. I created a 5x5 card with Basic Grey Wander paper. You can buy this fabbie 6x6 pad in the CropStop store!

My image is from My Mind's Eye, from the Lost and Found collection. It's an all boy set. So I made a masculine birthday card. Those cool black Dew Drops also came from CS. Haylie Jo sent me a bunch of these sometime ago and I forgot I had them! It's nice to "shop" in my stash!

I used the Papertrey Ink banner die set to cut my banner. It's pretty fab!

I hope you check out the NEW CropStop Blog and link up your project! It's fun for me to see how folks use my sketches! I've been with CropStop for about 2.5 years now, and it's been such a fun ride! This new Blog is something a few of us have wanted to do for some time and the team all came together to make it happen! We hope you enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. Great challenge, thanks Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you had me until you said "as long as you follow the sketch" *snicker*
    hope my new banner punch comes in the mail today!!!

    you know it is hard for me to pass up one of your awesome sketches ;) oh don't let your head get any larger LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've been dying to jump on the banner bandwagon...this sketch will do perfectly. Love your card...a terrific masculine one! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card
    hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and I love your sketch!

    Hugs, Gry-Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete