Saturday, May 14, 2011

CPC Sketch Tuesday #108 - on Saturday?

If you are looking for the Flourishes/Spellbinders Blog Hop, scroll down.

I am finally getting around to posting the CPC Sketch Tuesday sketch and sample. I am so behind here in Gloria World. Our trip back east was exhausting and stressful. Please continue to pray for my father-in-law as he battles liver cancer. He's very ill and frail right now. However, his scans on Tuesday show no new cancerous growth or spreading! Praise God! The doctors think the new medication is keeping the cancer from growing, so now we need FIL to eat and gain back some of the weight he's lost, and to just try to hang strong while the meds do their job. He has been given an appetite enhancer type drug, so hopefully that will work to put some weight back onto him. I do think our visit did him a world of good. I am happy we were able to change our trip and go at this time. The Lord watched over us every step of the way, that's for sure!

Now, on to Sketch Tuesday #108! Better late than never, right?!


This is a landscape 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card. I don't make this size very often, for some reason. But I gave it a try this week.


The paper is brand new Basic Grey Sweet Threads! So pretty! This little image is from Greeting Farm. I colored her with Copics, then fussy cut her, and popped her off the page with some foam squares. I was stuck fussy cutting because my Copic puked on my paper and made splotches all around my pretty image! This is what happens when you use markers at high altitude!


I think she turned out so cute and did not want to waste her due to my marker accident. I love the pink and green combo, so when I saw this paper, I knew it was perfect for this image. Love when that happens!


I used a Gina K stamp for the inside greeting. I really need to step up my game on my card insides. I have some friends who make the inside look as amazing as the front of the card! I just do enough to make it easy to use the card if I need to get something in the mail last minute!

Supply List
Cardstock : American Crafts, Stampin' Up; Designer paper: Basic Grey Sweet Threads; Stamps: Greeting Farm, Gina K; Ink: Copic Markers, Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink; Embellishments: Pearls from Want2Scrap, Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon; Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG and foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card...I 'need' that paper!! Thinking of you & your family Gloria...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PTL for no new cancer growth!!!

    you don't make this size card due to needing LOTS of room for all you emblies!! lol

    super cute card and now i must get that paper pack :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers to you and your family.

    Pretty card and I love the paper too.

    ReplyDelete