Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


I have a very cool technique to share with you today, for Valentine's Day! Graphic 45 asked me to make a Valentine's Day card for the blog, and as you know, they don't have a "Valentine's" line of paper, so I made my own!


You may be asking yourself...from which Graphic 45 collection is that very cool red floral paper?! Well, my darlings, it is Kraft Reflections Bed of Roses...


Yes, it so totally is! I colored it with Copic Markers!!! Am I awesome or what?! {snort giggle}


I was so surprised that the paper took the markers so well. there was no bleeding or anything! I just colored to my heart's content. I shaded and blended. Oh, what a thing of beauty! My girlfriend could not believe that it was hand colored. It makes me giddy at how well it turned out!


You can see in this close-up photo how the script shows through the coloring also. This paper has a faint script background. Very neato!


I added some flowers and crystals, plus a Valentine's Day sentiment. Oh, how I love all that red!

Supplies:
Graphic 45 paper:
Reflections: Bed of Roses, All Decked Out

Clearsnap: Colorbox Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Ink Photogenic
Copic: various markers

Stampers Anonymous: stamp
Bazzill Basics: black, red cardstock
Maya Road: trinket pin
Wild Orchid Crafts: flowers
Craft Supply: cream cardstock, lace, ribbon, crystals

Adhesive: Scotch 3M foam tape, tape runner; glue

3 comments:

  1. Do you rock, or what?! Gloria you amaze me! Beautiful!!! Happy Valentine's Day to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are A-MAZING! I would never have guessed it was hand colored! Happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria..this is gorgeous!
    Happy Hearts Day....

    ReplyDelete