Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Beach Layouts? School Layouts? Or Both?!

Last spring my husband's cousin asked me to make a layout for her son's baby photo. She wanted a beach-themed layout with "real sand and shells." I told her I would, and then got so busy that I didn't have time to work on it! (Bad, very bad!)

Fast forward to now. I had two layouts to create for Imaginarium Designs for September 2nd... then I got sick...(I'm better now.)...and traded days with anther DT member. So here I am, finally, with my projects, TWO layouts for dh's cousin! Two birds, one stone!


I decided not to place photos in order to protect dh's cousin's privacy, but there is a photo mat to show you where each photo should go. For this beach layout I combined Graphic 45 On the Boardwalk papers with Canvas Corp kraft paper and Imaginarium Designs chipboard items.


I sprayed the chipboard cogs (IDS0018) with mist and stacked them to make a short of ship's wheel. I added cord and burlap, plus a fun surf board cut from paper and inked.



I rubbed the chipboard with a bit of ink to "age" it and glued a frosted stone to the top.


I added sand in a glass bottle, plus some real shells. I painted the phrase (IDP0003), then sprayed it with mist to give it some shimmer.


Since it took me so long to create the layout, I decided to make a second one for our little cousin's school photo (he is school-aged now).


I used Graphic 45 An ABC Primer papers. I added a "clipboard" tag so that our cousin could journal on this page.


I inked and embossed the train track border (IDB0006) and then attached alphas to spell Cody's name (IDALC0001).




I added a clock, some cogs, and a phrase. The phrase is inked and embossed to make it shiny.




The Graphic 45 chipboard items make look great with the Imaginarium Designs chipboard items! It's nice to use both pre-made and "naked" chippies!


Lots of dimension and great papers, also!

Thanks for stopping by today! Make sure you visit the Imaginarium Designs Blog for more inspiration!

Imaginarium Designs Chipboard: Alphabet (IDALC0001), Fence/rail track (IDB0006), 3-inch Clock (IDS0006), Cogs (IDS0018), All Grown Up phrase (IDP0027), Little Man phrase (IDP0003)
Cardstock: American Crafts Black
Designer paper: Graphic 45: On the Boardwalk: On the Boardwalk, Coney Island, She Sells Seashells, High Style Holiday, By the Beautiful Sea, Borders, Tags; Tropical Travelogue: Tropical Travelogue, Exotic Destination; An ABC Primer: An ABC Primer, One Two Buckle My Shoe, Alphabet Soup, The Three R's, School Days, Grammar School; Canvas Corp White on Kraft Compass, Beach Sampler on Ivory
Tags: Graphic 45:An ABC Primer
Burlap: 7Gypsies
Cord: Canvas Corp
Glass Bottle: Sky Blue Pink
Metal Embellishments: Library clip, pen nib, clock hands (Tim Holtz); brads (craft supply)
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Blackbird, Creamy Brown, Aquamarine; Clearsnap Colorbox Mix'd Media Inx Schoolhouse; Ranger Distress Ink Old Paper, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Beetle Black; Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray Vibrant Torquoise; Copic Markers
Paint: Martha Stewart Acrylic Beetle Black
Found items: sand, shells, sea glass, stones
Die cuts: Spellbinders Surf's Up
Adhesive: Scotch 3M tape runner, foam tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Aileene's Tacky Glue; Glue Dots; Beacon Fabri-tac

No comments:

Post a Comment