Monday, November 18, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving from Authentique!

Happy Thanksgiving, Authentique Fans! For the next few days, the Authentique Team will be sharing some lovely Thanksgiving themed projects with you! Make sure you check the Authentique Blog for all the fun! There is still plenty of time to make some things for your celebration!
I have created a fun project that can be used as gift wrap, home decor, place cards, and more! I think the best crafts are those which are useful and adaptable! I recycled an old text book to create my project, but you could wrap a box, an actual gift, or just make a flat card! The possibilities are endless!
The finished project is 9" x 6" x 1/2", however you could make your project any size you wish. If you use the Authentique 8x8 or 6x6 pads, then you can make a smaller project!
I used a combination of the Authentique Gracious and Pleasant collections. I love that Authentique makes their collections to work together! My favorite part of any collection is the vintage ephemera cards! This one is ADORABLE!
To make your own project, you need something to wrap. Since my project is really for decor, I wrapped an old textbook with kraft paper. My house is overflowing with college text books that no one wants or needs, yet cannot seem to toss out! 
I wrapped the 9" x 6" book with a 12x12 sheet of kraft paper, then cut another piece to cover the back.  
I tied a bit of lace around the package. If you are wrapping a real package or book, you can secure the ribbon with hot glue or tape. 
Next, trim out the various patterns you wish to use and mat them all with dark brown cardstock. I used three different prints for my package. I also matted one of the ephemera cards with dark brown cardstock and popped it up with some foam tape. 
I hot glued some floral items to the side of the package, plus added another loopy bow. You can also see the dimension you get from wrapping a box or book. 
If you wish your gift or card to also become a place setting, add a name plate to a tiny clothes pin. Using fun fonts and cardstock with your computer and printer is a great way to personalize gifts. I also die cut my name plate to give it more interest. Another fun tip is to print in colored ink rather than black. I used a dark brown ink for my project. 
I hope all my my American readers have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday next week. We are in the "thick" of things now with Christmas fast approaching!

Make sure to come back as I will have LOADS of projects to share over the next weeks!



Authentique Products Used:
Gracious Collection
Pleasant Collection

Other Products Used:
Cardstock: WorldWin Brown/Grey Kraft, Brown, Natural
Floral: craft supply
Lace: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Mini clothespin: Canvas Corp
Dies: My Favorite Things Stitched Frame Stax
Adhesive: ATG tape, hot glue, clear tape, white glue

No comments:

Post a Comment