Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday Fun with Power Poppy - March 27

If you are looking for the Graphic 45 Journaling Cards project, please click HERE.
Happy Friday, Colorists and Card Makers! The Power Poppy Team is here with another Friday Fun Day!

Before I get to my project, check out the MASSIVE SALE!

The Power Poppy sale is still going on, through March 31st! Clear stamps and digital stamps are on sale! 

Here is my Fun Friday project!
Does this image look familiar? I have colored this one lots of times (see other samples below)! It is perfectly fine to use the same image more than once! {GASP! FAINT!} The image is a digital download from Power Poppy called Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher. The beauty of stamping is that you can stamp or print as many images as you wish, and color them all!

I LOVE tulips! They are my favorite spring flower! So, I colored this image once again! This time, I used lots of bright, spring colors. (My husband said it looks like an Easter egg!)

The card is a standard A2 size (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") made of black cardstock. This one should be easy to mail. I would place a sheet of cardstock into the envelope to protect the front of the card. 
I printed the image onto white cardstock and colored it with Copics (I did not keep a list! So sorry!) After the image was all colored, I fussy cut around the edge. If you have a "scan and cut" machine, you will do a better job, I am sure!

I used Distress inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, and Carved Pumpkin) to color the background panel. I just rubbed the ink on with a brush. After the ink was dry, I spritzed the paper with water to make a pattern in the ink. I used a stitched rectangle die to cut out the panel. 
I stamped the sentiments from the So Grateful clear stamp set using black ink. This set is sold out/retired, but there are lots of other sets with wonderful sentiments to use!
I used foam tape to pop the fussy cut image onto the panel. I added a few enamel dots for some shine. Done and dusted!
A few weeks ago, I used the same image, but colored the flowers in shades of peach. See the details HERE.
Here is another version. The flowers are very similar to the ones I colored for today's card! So, I guess if you need to know the colors...visit this project! {giggle} I think the pinks and yellows in this one are a bit softer and the orange a bit brighter. I guess I am getting boring! 
And because I just love tulips, HERE is another version! This one is all red and yellow, but also fussy cut. 


FOR MORE INSPIRATION
Please visit the Power Poppy Blog to see all the other projects from the team!





Stamps: Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher (digital), So Grateful (clear)
Cardstock: Hammermill White, WorldWin Midnight
Copic markers: various
Enamel dots: Doodlebug Design
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin
Die: Elizabeth Craft Stitched Rectangles
Adhesive: ATG tape, Scor-tape, foam tape

4 comments:

  1. I do love these Tulips and your card is lovely. The background is super cool, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Gloria. I took advantage of the digital sale when it began and am loving what I can do with these stamps. Your cards are so beautifully colored. Hope mine turn out half so well. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these cards - and colors. They are sooo sweet; they just make me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Tulip card Gloria, I love the Springfeeling that it brings. It's a great image.
    Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe & healthy and have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete