Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Power Poppy Christmas Release - DAY 5

 Welcome to DAY 5 of the Power Poppy 2020 Christmas stamp release! Make sure you visit the Power Poppy Blog for ALL the details!

Remember, we will have Days 6-10 starting November 12 through November 16...then I will be back with a FUN Creative Confetti challenge on November 17th...so get ready with some Christmas spirit!!

The set we are showcasing today is called Heavenly Peace Dove.
Not only is this a beautiful image, but the sentiments are wonderful, too! I love the addition of the banner! I can see using the banner and sentiments with lots of different stamped images!
I really had such peace while coloring this lovely image! It is an easy image to color, using only a few Copic markers, but the end result is so striking!
I printed the digital version of the image at slightly smaller than 7" x 5" so that I could make a 7" x 5" top-folding card. The card base is a piece of wood grain kraft cardstock. You can see just a tiny bit of the embossing showing around the edges of the image.

After I colored the image, I sponged on some distress ink to give it a soft glow.
Somehow the light washed this image out a bit, but I wanted to share it anyway as you can see the texture I added to the banner! I colored the banner first, then soaked a textured rag with Copic blender solution and dabbed the banner to give it some texture! I then traced the lettering with a glitter pen.

I let the ink dry, then colored the rest of the image.
I added a few pearls to the background, but this card should still go through the mail in a regular envelope.

Fly on over to the Power Poppy Blog to see all the projects from this wonderful release. I have also linked the other  Bloomies below! Check out all the Christmas eye candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment