Saturday, October 24, 2020

Power Poppy Christmas Release - Day Two

Welcome to DAY 2 of the Power Poppy 2020 Christmas stamp release! Make sure you visit the Power Poppy Blog for ALL the details!

The set we are showcasing today is called Enchanted Branches - Nativity.
I always appreciate a Christmas set that celebrates the true meaning behind the Christian celebration of Christmas. This sweet ornament and branches set is perfect for making cards, tags, or ornaments.
I decided to create a 7" x 5" card with the angel image from the Enchanted Branches Nativity: Angel digital stamp set. (You can also purchase the Baby Jesus digital set.) 
I colored the image with Copic markers, then die cut the image with a very old Spellbinders label set that I have had in my stash for ages and have not used in...well, ages! 

I sponged on several shades of distress ink to create a golden glow around the image. 
I glued a few gold and green sequins around the image for some sparkle. It is hard to see, but I also used a clear glitter pen to color over the robe, wings, halo, and berries. In person this card really sparkles!

The image is approximately 5" tall from the top of the branches to the bottom of the sentiment. 
I created a top-folding black card base (7" x 5") and used some Graphic 45 papers to decorate the background. (I think this is G45 Joy to the World paper.) Because the base card is black, I lined the inside with cream cardstock to have a place to stamp or write a greeting or message.

Zip on over to the Power Poppy Blog to see all the projects from this fantastic release. I have also linked the other  Bloomies below! Check out all the Christmas eye candy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can see the sparkles Gloria and like you said, I bet in real life it is even more gorgeous! I love the golden cast you created on your card -- perfectly laid out to make that beautiful angel shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation, the way you displayed on the background, it looks like a stained glass window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Okay love the colors, papers and your over all design. Just what you would think with an Angel ornament.

    ReplyDelete