Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Sunflowers for Ukraine

Hello, Blogger friends. Many of my crafting friends are showing their support for the Ukrainian people during this horrible time in history by sharing cards and other projects featuring the colors blue and yellow and/or featuring sunflowers. (The Ukrainian flag is blue and yellow, and the national flower is the sunflower.)

The sweet Marcella at Power Poppy is offering digital sunflower images for free to enable you to create your own sunflower projects!

There are several groups and hashtags going around Facebook for making cards to show your support, if you choose to do so, a quick Google search will find them for you. 

I tried out Sunflower Power with several mediums: colored pencils, Copic markers, and watercolor pencils.

I have quite a few sunflower related projects on the blog, if you wish to be inspired. Many companies have sunflower stamps, paper, ephemera and so forth if you are looking for something to work with. But, please try some of the Power Poppy free images, too!

Power Poppy Sunshine of My Life colored with Copics.

If you are not a colorist nor a stamper, you can make cards, mini albums, and page layouts using sunflower themed scrapbooking paper. 

Note: If you have friends and family in your home country who are originally from Ukraine, you many want to show your concern by mailing them something to encourage them. I am not sure trying to mail things to folks in Ukraine right now is the best idea, but you should do your own research into that.


Graphic45 French Country (or try the new collection Let it Bee or Time to Flourish DCE).

Graphic45 Botanicabella.

Heartfelt Creations has several sunflower themed products. This is an older set called Classic Sunflower. Change the sentiment and the photo to reflect your message.

In whatever way you decide to show support, I know that crafting helps me with stress and anxiety when there are things going on over which I have no control.
My prayers are with everyone being challenged by war and unrest. In John 16:33 Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” I pray especially for the Ukrainian Christians, that they stand as a light in the overwhelming darkness. 

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! My prayers to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My maternal grandparents and all family before them were born in Ukraine and it breaks my heart to see my families history being destroyed in such a horrific manner

    ReplyDelete