Friday, April 15, 2022

Easter Blessings

Good morning, Friends! Blessed Good Friday to you! We have communion service at our new church at noon today. It has been such a blessing to be able to find a church in our new town. Being able to fellowship with other believers has been wonderful! 

Today's card was designed for Really Reasonable Ribbon using their beautiful ribbon, twine and flowers. 

I created a last minute Easter card by stamping a message inside (Blessed Easter Morn, He is Risen). However you could use this card for a sympathy card, birthday card, or friendship card by choosing a different sentiment. 

The card is 6" x 4 3/4" made from white cardstock. I trimmed a piece of plaid paper to slightly smaller than the card front and attached it with some double-sided tape. 
I printed the digital image onto white cardstock after altering the original image to have gray lines instead of black. I colored the image with Copic markers (see the list below). I added a bit of white pencil, white gel pen, and some dots to the stamens with a fine line pen. 

I have to confess this is the first time I have picked up my Copics since before we moved last August! They were pretty lonely just sitting there on the shelf! {smile}

I trimmed the image panel to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and matted it with a piece of green cardstock. Sorry to say I have no clue what brand of color for the green cardstock. Some things got all jumbled in the move, unfortunately. 
Before attaching the image to the front of the card, I wrapped the corners with ribbon, making sure to securely attach it to the back of the panel. I then attached the image panel to the card with scor-tape.

I added a bow made from the same ribbon, plus a bow made from twine, a tiny flower, and some stamens. I love how spring-like this card turned out.  

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a truly blessed Easter! Also, thanks so much for all of your comments; I really enjoy reading them.


Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:
Wild Orchid Craft Sweetheart Blossoms - Mixed Pink
Double Head Stamens - Light Pink
Scor-tape (1/2")

Other Supplies Used:
Digital image: Power Poppy Joyful Lilies
Copics: B0000, B000, B00, B01, C000, C0, YG0000, YG01, YG03, YG11, YG13, YG17, BG0000, BV0000, BV000, BV00, E04, RV63, RV52, YR20, Colorless Blender
Fine line pen: Arteza Inkonic Autumn Red (A118)
Colored pencil: Faber-Castell Polychromos White
Gel pen: Uni-ball Signo White
Cardstock: Hammermill Digital Color Copy 110# White, basic white (card base), green (unknown)
Ink: Ranger Archival Vivid Chartreuse (inside of card)
Stamp: Studio G (inside of card)
Adhesive: ATG, hot glue

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So fun to see your work again. Hope all is well in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo beautiful, Gloria!

    ReplyDelete