Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Happy Father's Day

Hello, again Ribbon Friends! I am up on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog again today. This time I have two simple, masculine cards to share!

I do not like to add bows or flowers to masculine cards because I don't have any men in my life that appreciate the "frou-frou frilly" type cards! {smile} So, adding ribbon and trims to masculine cards is really difficult for me!

I sorted through my paper stash and my ribbon stash, and came up with this card, which measures 6" x 5". I love the gray tones of the Authentique Mister paper. I have a lot of the Gray Plaid ribbon, so I used some of that for this card. 
I wrapped the brick panel with a strip of the ribbon, then I added a little "tab" of ribbon to the right side of the sentiment panel. I tied a bit of  Natural Burlap String to a metal button and glued the button to the ribbon tab. 
I even decorated the inside with some stamps and various gray inks! I grunged up the white cardstock with some Pumice Stone Distress Ink. Nice and manly and grubby! 
Not a frou-frou or frill in sight! 
The second card is a standard A2 size (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") using the same paper collection (Authentique Mister). The collection has some rust colors in it, which I also love! 
This time I wrapped a length of  Copper and Cream Plaid around the paper to hide the seam between the two different papers. (I used the 5/8" ribbon, which is out of stock, but the 3/8" is still available.) I added a skinny sentiment and a large, metal button to the top of the ribbon. I tied Natural Burlap String to the button. 
I once again used some stamps and ink to grunge up the inside of the card. 
My stash of masculine cards is at an all time low, so I am super happy to have two more to add to the stash! Well, at least one of these will be for my husband for Father's Day! But, the design is so easy to replicate, I might make a few more! 
I hope you are inspired to use a little ribbon and whip up a few Father's Day cards for the dads in your life! 

Thank you so much for stopping by!




Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: 
Cardstock: WorldWin Smooth Black, CutCardStock Flavours Gourmet Squid Ink, Hammermill white
Printed paper: Authentique Mister Collection
Stamps: Sweet and Sassy Stamps Timeless Classic, Stampin' Up various retired stams
Ink: Memento London Fog, Ranger Distress Pumice Stone, Gink K Designs Amalgam Obsidian
Skinny sentiment strips: Simon Says Stamp
Buttons: from my stash
Dies: My Favorite Things Skinny Strips
Adhesives: ATG, Art Glitter glue, hot glue

No comments:

Post a Comment