Wednesday, November 16, 2022

December Daily 2022 - Cover Only

Hello, everyone! It is once again my turn on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog. I have started working on a December Daily Album, my first in several years! I wanted to share the cover with you today, as a sneak peek of what is coming!

I purchased this binder (Simple Stories Hearth and Holiday 6" x 8" Snap Binderas part of a kit in September, but then I decided I did not really care for the way the kit was utilized, so, as always, I just pulled out the stuff I DID like, and decided to create my own version of the project! (If you wish to see the kit, it is from Layle by Mail, available HERE.) The original kit is cute, but it is not my style at all. I like a more vintage and shabby style. Plus, I like A LOT more "filling" in my albums. {smile} 

I am still working on the pages of the album, but since I used Really Really Ribbon trims for the front cover, I thought I would share it and get everyone excited to see the inside (which should be soon)!

I love plaid ribbon and this black and white plaid is just perfect for the vibe I wanted for my album! I love the country/vintage Christmas feeling it gives.

I went through all of my Christmas papers and embellishments and made a pile of things to use for this project. I think I have a combination papers from Simple Stories, Authentique, Graphic 45, and Stamperia, along with some papers from collections by Heidi Swapp, Echo Park, and Carta Bella. I just looked at the color palettes and matched up papers that I thought would work together!

But, let's save all that for later! On to the cover...
I wrapped a 14" length of 1.5" Black Gingham ribbon around the front cover of the album. I secured the ribbon to the inside front cover. I then used a six-inch piece of the same ribbon to tie a knot with tails to the lower part of the cover. I used scissors to trim the ribbon tails into a traditional shape. I also put a dab of hot glue behind the knot to secure it to the binder cover.
I then used 5/8" Plaid Black ribbon to create a loopy bow, which I glued to the top of the original knot. I find it easier to make a pretty bow with the thinner ribbon, plus I did not have enough of the wider ribbon to make the kind of bow I wanted! {add to shopping cart....check!}
I glued a selection of holiday items to the bow, such as a snowflake brad, a tag, and a die cut sticker shape of Santa's boot. I also added a metal sentiment strip to the right of the bow. 
I finished the cover by adding chipboard stars and some sparkly pearls, enamel dots, and gems. I really like the message of the cover, and wanted to keep it, just add a little blig-bling to it! 

I may need to add a coat of multi-medium of some sort to the cover to keep the gems and such from falling off over time, but for  now, I will leave it as is.

I used a bit of  Cherry Baker's Twine to the spine element. (There is a Peppermint Baker's Twine, too! Which is so pretty!) I may go back and add some dangle charms...we will see how things prograss. {grin}

Here is a sneaky peeky at the inside of the book...
I used Christmas Baker's Twine to make a swoopy bow at the top of this page. I used some dries clear glue to make the swoopy tails stay put! 
I used a short length of the 5/8" Plaid Black ribbon to tie onto the top of the tag shown on this pocket page. I am sure I will use more ribbon throughout this project!

I will have the finished project posted here on the blog in a few weeks! (I hope! The holidays are coming up FAST!) There will be 30 pages, plus the inside front and back covers! I will explain how I make everything, and I should have some small tutorials, and perhaps a video walk-through! Stay tuned!

Thank you so much for joining me today!




Really Reasonable Ribbon Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used: 2-ring binder, various embellishments, printed paper, cardstock




2 comments:

  1. SEHR schön da freut man sich auf WEIHNACHTEN,,,,

    wünsche noch einen schönen ABEND
    bis bald die BIRGIT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!! Love all of the papers and layering!! Gorgeous black plaid ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete