Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Flowered Thanks - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Hello, friends! I am here with another project using the Annette Green/Elizabeth Craft Designs Everything's Blooming Collection from the Everyday Elements line of stamps and dies!

I decided on a very soft and feminine card for today. I love blue, and this blue and pink combination is so summery, just like a cute sundress! I created an A2 card out of robin's egg blue cardstock, lined on the inside with white cardstock to give a place for stamping a greeting or writing a message. 

I have been using up a lot of my "orphan" cardstock lately. I don't use much colored cardstock, and frankly, I have a lot of it. Sometimes I only have one or two sheets of a color. There is not enough usually for a scrapbook double-page layout, nor for a mini album, so I have been trying to use it to make some cards.
The printed paper is an Echo Park collection called Happiness is Homemade, from 2016. There are a lot of sweet, country prints in the collection so that I could mix and match the blues and pinks around that lovely main image.
When I make a card, I always have a sketch or an idea in mind. However, once I get going, I often stray pretty far from the original plan. I do start out cutting various pieces to see how things may work out. 

I matted the blue and white flowers paper with white cardstock before attaching it to the blue card base. 
I die cut the flourish out of blue dot paper using the Fancy Flourishes die set. Next I used two of the nesting circles from the Small Doilies die set to cut out two circle "frames."

Using the Postage Stamps die set, I cut out the postage shape from white cardstock. Next I trimmed the flower image using one of the rectangle shapes. I decided I needed more contrast so I used a layering tool to trim the pink gingham paper to be just slightly larger than the focal image. I attached the three shapes together and wrapped the top edge with some sparkly twine. 

Next, I used foam tape to pop the postage image off the card. 
I placed a some sequins onto the larger flowers for some sparkle. I tucked the circle shapes and the flourish under the edges of the main image.

I die cut the word "Thanks" three times from white cardstock using the Everyday Words die set. I stacked the die cut words to create a thicker element to glue onto the card. 
Thanks for joining me today! To see more samples with Annette's wonderful new collection head over to the ECD Blog, and other social media!. To see the full Everyday Elements Collection, click HERE.



Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
Soft Finish Cardstock (25 Pack White - 240G/90LB - 8.5” x 11” | 21.6cm x 28cm)

Other Products
Cardstock: Robin's Egg Blue Shimmer (unknown)
Printed paper:Echo Park Happiness is Homemade (2016 release)

Sequins: Buttons Galore and More Haunted House
Twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon Iridescent White Metallic String
Tools: Big Shot Plus, WRMK Layers, trimmer, bone folder
Adhesive: ATG, 3M foam tape, Art Glitter Glue


1 comment: