Monday, July 17, 2023

You Are Loved - Graciellie Design

Hello, Friends! I am sharing another project using the fantastic Graciellie Design July release! If you have followed my blog for a while, you know how I love to color FLOWERS! I especially like to color fairly realistic flowers, as best I can. And the floral stamps from Graciellie Design are top notch!

There is a story behind this project, if you wish to read it... As you all know, I tend to buy a lot of supplies and then, well, never use them! My excuse has always been that I have no time for playing with the things I want to use because I am always needing to make content using sponsor product. Well, I don't really have that excuse as much these days! 

That leads me up to this latest Amazon Prime Days fiasco. I saw a set of water-based markers that are an excellent brand for an excellent price. Well, people, I have in my possession four or five sets of OTHER water-based markers, two sets of excellent watercolor paints (and several sets of cheaper brands), three or four good sets of watercolor pencils, a set of Derwent Inktense pencils, and two sets of water-soluble crayons! I mean do I really NEED anything else???? When I rarely watercolor?!! No! I do NOT! I slammed the door on Prime Days!

Instead I pulled out my set of 48 Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. Pens that I just had to have a number of years ago. Which I have used only a few times, to dubious results. There were a few dry pens, which is not a big deal (see exhaustive list of water-based goodies above). I picked a few colors to color that AMAZING peony!

Now, I am a water color failure, most of the time. I just cannot get it right. My daughter (who is an excellent watercolor artist) says I am both too stiff and too loose at the same time! Only me, right?! But, I know the ZIg brush pens are very pigmented, and...well...it is only paper in any case!

I didn't use the proper paper! I had printed on white cardstock, either Neenah or Hammermill. What a beginner, right?! Well, the pens seemed fine, and I did not need much water from a water brush, so I just carried on! And the flower looked great! Then...as always, I totally messed up the background! So...

I did not have the time to recolor the image. As luck would have it, I had printed the image twice, so I just fussy cut the colored image apart with my tiny scissors, and went with plan B!
I have another product, that I resisted buying for AGES. In fact, I only recently purchased the Distress Oxide inks in September 2022 because I needed them for a workshop I was taking! That was a GOOD purchase as I love them! I only have six colors so far, but there might be a good sale in my future, right?! (I know, just...let's move on, ok?!)
I used my blending brushes to add the two colors of blue oxide ink to my printed image, covering the entire panel. (I did go back and do more blending after this photo, just so you know. 

After the ink was dry, I spattered the panel with some water and dabbed up the excess, which gave me some pattern to the bigger splashes...from the paper towel! That was just a happy accident. {grin}

I used different layers of glue and foam tape to add the fussy cut flower to the main image, giving some of the different flower parts more dimension than others. I added some sequins here and there to look like sparkly water drops. 

I attached the panel to some gold cardstock, then to a black card base.

I printed the sentiment onto another piece of cardstock and die cut it into the banner shape. I lined the inside of the card with the same off-white cardstock as I used for the sentiment. And, look, no printed paper, no ribbon,  no twine! I know...pod people took over my body! {giggle} 

And, there you have it! A project saved, some old product used, a card for the stash! And I actually like the watercolor results for a change! 

I hope that you will check out the Graciellie Design shop and blog to see more amazing products! There are both digital and rubber stamps, and loads of inspiration on the socials! Right now there is a 25% off code HERE, plus a FREE gift with $10 order! 


Thanks for joining me today!



Graciellie Design Products
Cardstock: Hammermill White; ColorMates Smooth Natural, Black; CutCardStock Stardream Metallic Fine Gold
Ink: Ranger Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean
Water pens: Zig Clean Color Real Brush
Sequins: Craft Medly
Water brush: Kuretake Zig
Dies: My Favorite Things Fishtail Stax and Layers, A2 Rectangle Stax 1; Heartfelt Creations Eyelet Rectangle and Basics
Adhesive: ATG tape, Art Glitter glue, Scor-tape, 3M foam tape, 3L foam squares

No comments:

Post a Comment