Friday, July 14, 2023

Joyful Moments - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Hello, friends! I am here with another project using the Annette Green/Elizabeth Craft Designs Everything's Blooming Collection from the Everyday Elements line of stamps and dies!

I had die cut a lot of pieces for my last card project and decided to keep them close to hand and make a companion card with them! This is the result! 
I created the birdie card last time, and he needed a friend, so I made him a busy bee pal. I have a bad habit of cutting too many pieces, then just tossing them in a bin to never see the light of day again! I am trying to create a NEW habit of using up what I cut instead of wasting the paper (and my time).
I created an A2 top-fold card from black cardstock. I next layered on a pre-embossed kraft cardstock which has a woodgrain pattern. I used some white ink over the woodgrain to add some interest.

Next I used a die from the Planner Essentials 21: Note Pieces die set to cut a piece of printed paper for the bottom of the card front. I grunged everything with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
I die cut the honeycomb using the Layered Honeybee die set from the kraft pre-embossed cardstock. I rubbed on the distress ink to darken the honeycomb a bit. 

Next, I used a paint brush and the ECD Watercolor Palette to create some splatters on the card front. 
I die cut the bee pieces using the Layered Honeybee die set using the same paper collection that I used for the bird card. I love the blacks and grays contrasted with the tans and creams. So vintage! 

Note: I cut the main bee section from Soft Finish Cardstock, which I inked with distress ink. Then I layered on the same shape cut from printed paper to give it extra depth.

I also cut some flowers using the Stemmed Flowers die set out of the same printed paper collection. 

I stamped a sentiment from the Happy stamp set with black ink onto a paper scrap. I added some very tiny brads to the edge of the sentiment strip and glued it so that it curved on the card front to add dimension.

As always, I lined the inside with off-white cardstock

Thanks for joining me today! To see more samples with Annette's wonderful new collection head over to the ECD Blog, and other social media!. To see the full Everyday Elements Collection, click HERE.



Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
Soft Finish Cardstock (25 Pack - 240G/90LB - 8.5” x 11” | 21.6cm x 28cm)

Other Products
Cardstock: ColorMates Natural, Black; CutCardstock Gmund Savanna Tindalo
Printed paper: Prima Marketing Stationer's Desk (2014 release)

Ink: Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap, Picket Fence; Memento Tuxedo Black
Tiny brads: my stash
Tools: Big Shot Plus, Sponge daubers, trimmer, bone folder
Adhesive: ATG, foam squares, Art Glitter Glue


1 comment:

  1. Hi Gloria: Your Card is lovely the die cuts you used, great Job.

    ReplyDelete