Monday, July 10, 2023

Graciellie Design July Guest Designer

Way back in 2016 I was a guest designer for a "new kid on the block" digital stamp company called Graciellie Design. In 2017 the Really Reasonable Ribbon team had a chance to use the Christmas release that year, giving me another chance to use more of the lovely stamps. 

In the meantime, I have kept track of Gracie and her product line, but have not had a chance to use anything new because I was too busy. But a few weeks ago she asked me if I would like to make a few things with her digital stamps. And here we are!

I am going to be making something each week in July using the July Digital Launch! In addition, I am going to try to use a different coloring technique each week to showcase the images! This week, I have used Prismacolor colored pencils, plus some watercolor paint for splattering.
I printed the classic library card with a peony from the Vintage Library Cards stamp set onto off-white cardstock. I used colored pencils to color in the entire image. Colored pencils are a slow medium for me, because it takes a lot of layers and work to get the look I want. I also end up fussing too much before I am satisfied! {smile}
Once I had the image colored, I placed a few sticky notes over the coloring to protect it, and then splattered the card with several shades of brown watercolor paint and white ink. After the paint was dry, I trimmed the image to size and matted it with black cardstock. 

Note: I would normally use white acrylic paint, but the white ink was handy so I used it. I managed to splatter my iPad in the process, which was not a smart thing to do! 
I place enamel dots around the panel to give some shine and dimension. I love the mix of the flower and the library card. It is just a perfect vintage piece! I am so happy that the stamp set comes with just the library cards too, so I can stamp or print other flowers as well. 
I created a 5" x 7" top-fold card from black cardstock. I trimmed a piece of collage patterned paper to slightly smaller and attached it to the card. I love how the pen nibs and the library card give such a vintage touch!
I placed a loop of 5/8" Forest Green Taffeta ribbon under the top left edge of the colored image panel before placing the image onto the card front. 
I always line my cards with off-white cardstock. This time I also added the remaining piece of printed collage paper to the right side of the inside panel. 

I printed the sentiment from the Vintage Peonies 2 stamp set onto off-white cardstock. I used a die to cut out the sentiment, then I inked the edges. I matted the sentiment with black cardstock and added it to the inside of the card.
I hope that you will check out the Graciellie Design shop and blog to see more amazing products! There are both digital and rubber stamps, and loads of inspiration on the socials! Right now there is a 25% off code HERE, plus a FREE gift with $10 order! 

Thanks for joining me today!



Graciellie Design Products
Colored pencils: Prismacolor Premiere (901, 913, 908, 907, 942, 1034, 910, 948, 937, 1030, 926, 929, 1014, 927, Black, White)
Gel pen: Sakura Gelly Roll white
Printed paper: 7 Gypsies
Cardstock: ColorMates Smooth Natural, Black
Watercolor paint: Elizabeth Craft Designs
Ink: Winsor and Newton white, Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap
Enamel dots: Simple Stories Emoji Love, Fancy Pants Designs Bloom and Grow
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon 5/8" Forest Green Taffeta
Adhesive: ATG tape, Art Glitter glue, Scor-tape







 


No comments:

Post a Comment