Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Update and 2018 in Review

Hello, Crafters! I have a small update on my surgery. Tomorrow I will be 4 weeks post-op. I am doing well, so far. Still healing, still having some pain, still needing to take it slow and easy. But, the grafts seem to be holding and I am progressing along! I am adding small things each day, and slowly getting back to my life. I finally managed to get the Christmas tree and decor put away, with major help from my husband and younger son! (Mostly, I bossed them around from the couch and they did all the work!) I also managed to get my every day decor back in place! Slow and steady, with lots of rest wins the race! I see the doctor next week for my 5-week check up, but I don't expect any issues. 

Thanks for all of your comments and prayers! You may notice all my comments for the last 5-6 weeks have disappeared! I was trying to delete some SPAM (using my tablet rather than the computer), and accidentally deleted a bunch of legitimate comments. There was no way to retrieve them! ARRRGGGG! Technology! User error! 

Now, since I am not able to get into the studio yet, I thought you all may like to see a year in review of my favorite projects from 2018! So....here they are! (To see the full project posts, click on the month.)

January: Set of Piggy Note Cards
My favorite project for January was this set of piggy note cards. I was trying my hand at coloring onto kraft paper with pencils and these turned out super cute. They were to be a gift for my sister...but they are still sitting here...patiently waiting! 
I love to create sets of note cards, but I don't do it very often. I hope to be able to do more of this type of project so I can donate some card sets to charity. 

February: Best Wishes Card
My favorite February project was this card I created for Heartfelt Creations. I used a layering technique to create a scene, plus I used flower soft to make the background flowers. I simply adore this sweet card. It is not in my normal "bag-o-tricks" but it was so fun to make!

March: Sun Kissed Mini Album
This project posted the last day of March 2018. I always love a mini album, and this one was a fun one to make! I used some mixed media techniques on the front cover, which is not something I do very often....because it's so messy!
The inside of the album is pure "Gloria" style! 

April: Sewing Mini Album
One of my favorite projects of the whole year was this sewing themed mini album. This one is actually an 8" x 8" mini. I loved working on something this size! It took loads of paper, but the end product was amazing! {If I do say so myself!}
I did a tutorial for the binding of this mini, but not a full tutorial. I want to make it again in 2019 and do a full tutorial. Stay tuned! 

May: Down on the Farm Mini Album
My favorite project for May is this country-style mini album. I had been saving the denim and the other fabrics for a special project, and this was the one! I loved making this book so much! (I see a pattern forming...I love making mini albums!)
Authentique Paper sends me the most wonderful papers to work with! I love every collection. 

Part of why I cut way back on my design team commitments was to ENJOY the process! I had really become so burned out on making, that I needed to take a step back! I am so happy that I did. I really have rediscovered my JOY again! Having just a few commitments a month means I can not only enjoy my DT work, but I also have time to create just for fun! What a concept!! {smile}

June: Graduation Cards
I always need masculine cards for my card stash. I created these two masculine graduation cards, and wouldn't you know, I only need feminine cards this year! But, these are in my stash for the future! 

July: Christmas in July Mini Album
I called this a giant mini album! It is a tri-fold mini with two waterfall features! And the paper...totally adorable! Retro vintage! Yum!
This is another project that I would love to find time to do a full tutorial for you. Fingers crossed!

August: Pop-up Card
I think this is my favorite card of the year! Not only do I love how the front turned out, with all the layers...but it's a pop-up card! 
This style of card is one part card, one part gift card holder, and one part scrapbook! I adore these vintage bathing beauties! And...distressed wood paper? Get out! 

I chose this as my favorite project for September, because one of my goals is to get back to coloring more! I love how this turned out! I am in awe of myself sometimes! {giggle}

October: Christmas Card
I did have two different Halloween projects that I liked, but this sweet Christmas card won for my favorite of October! I love the papers, the image, and the sweet bow I made! 

November: Christmas Layouts
I confess, I loved every project I made in November! It was a good month, creatively speaking! But, these amazing 12x12 page layouts stole the show! 

December: Poinsettia Panel
Because of my surgery, I did not make much in December. This coloring panel was my favorite thing of the month! I am still amazed that I was able to color such a velvety red! Sometimes I amaze myself, sometimes I look for my glasses when I am wearing them! 

So, that's my year in review! Let me know in the comments which of my projects is your favorite. Maybe you love one not on my list! 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the reminders of the the wonderful stuff you did last year. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sooo much for the review here, all is just awesome, but I must confess, I have a soft spot for all your gorgeous minialbums too andalways love to see, which details you´ve build into every new one you share ha ha. And I´m also looking sooo forward to the last of your calendarprojects, which I´ll be soing as soon as I get it all, so I can see if I have enough paper to make it all as I wish to.
    Hope you´ll have a very speedy recovery and be back on your feet in no time and just feel fine then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow all your makes are stunning. I am sp pleased that you are recovering well from your operation. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is stunning! Glad you're feeling better. That was quite a surgery. Take care and rest as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to all your great tutorials for such wonderful projects. Prayers and blessing for a full and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always enjoy seeing a crafting year in review, Gloria, and this one is delightful...so much to enjoy. Glad to hear the healing continues to go well. Be assured of my continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete